Welcome to WaterWiki.net - The Wiki for Water Professionals worldwide.
- Find water & sanitation related materials, knowledge and experience from UN practitioners, agencies and their programs around the globe - and contribute your own! (more..)
|3 Featured Articles|
|3 Featured Case Studies|
|3 Featured Videos|
|See more on the YouTube WaterWiki-channel|
|Where's the "mother of all Wikis" heading?|
|Watch a presentation of Brion Vibber from the MediaWiki Foundation (April '06):|
|More videos on the YouTube WaterWiki-channel|
Join the WaterWiki.net COMMUNITY on LinkedIn
- and keep abreast of news and changes, connect with other Professionals, participate in community discussions and more...
(Note: We are looking into possibilities to cross-link the two sites and will notify you)
- The 2010 report of the UN-Water Global Annual Assessment of Sanitation and Drinking Water, led by WHO, has been launched April 21 2010.
- The WHO/UNICEF Joint Monitoring Programme for Water Supply and Sanitation (JMP) latest report entitled "Progress on sanitation and drinking-water – 2010 update", released March 15 2010.
- See video-episodes from the Stockholm World Water Week 2009 on The Watercube.tv
- UNDP's new and inspiring HRBA to Improving Water Governance in Europe and CIS programme
- information updated with initial results from scoping missions in Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Serbia and Tajikistan and Full Country Sector Assessments and project documents
- 60+ Case Studies on WaterWiki now:
- Thomas Bjelkeman-Petterson and Juerg Staudenmann
- about the collaboration potential for akvo.org and WaterWiki.net - interview by Nick Dickinson at the Stockholm World Water Week 2009 (read more on IRC's news pages)
- Water Basin Maps detailing various characteristics of the world's river basins
- Case Studies of the recently launched United Nations World Water Development Report 3
- New functions & overall appearance
- WaterWiki.net has just been relaunched after months of upgrading and expansion: WaterWiki is now global! and encompasses more than just UNDP knowledge (see the current list of partners).
- Besides the new look and feel, you will find many new features that we hope will help you find - and contribute - knowledge on your preferres topic much easier.
- (Interested in the WaterWiki-Project? Feel free to peek behind the scene)
- New water and sanitation specific Country Profiles
- providing facts and figures about a country's water sector etc (region and water basin profiles coming very soon!)
- WHO Lexicon terms
- now integrated into WaterWiki, providing you with official definitions and the opportunity to suggest alternatives!
- The most prominent Water-related Legislation and Conventions
- Find out who has signed them and their status of ratification!
- UN-Water Task Force on Country-Level Coordination
- Outcomes and materials available, together with the first Country Report
- World Water Day 2009 website
- now online
- World Water Day 2009 on Transboundary Waters
- Browse all WaterWiki resources on Transboundary water issues
- UNDP-Coca Cola "Every Drop Matters" partnership brings the famous H2O=Water Exhibition to the 2009 World Water Forum, Istanbul
Waterwiki.net is provided and maintained by UNDP and UN-Water. The information contained on Waterwiki.net is for general information purposes only, and is provided by registered users and does not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of UNDP and UN-Water. Any reliance you place on the information contained in the wiki is strictly at your own risk. The Waterwiki provides links to other websites that are not under the control of UNDP and UN-Water. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them. Efforts are made to keep the wiki running smoothly, but UNDP and UN-Water takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.